A Writer's Piece

A Writer's Piece

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mighty Savior


Saviour, He can move the mountains

My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave.


Wowed, flabbergasted, thrilled, enthralled!  What a great God we have!  I couldn’t help but feel this way whenever I hear this song.  Yes! The lines from this song are very mighty indeed. 


Last week wasn’t any ordinary week for my family.  No one sensed it and so we were all caught by surprise.  Mom had to drag my father to the clinic for a check up, just to make sure that he is well. But then it turned out to be the prompting of the Holy Spirit.  The waiting didn’t have to take long since my father was ushered immediately to the doctor’s office. 


And the inevitable happened.

The pain he’d been trying to ignore on his pelvic area is caused by a now-enlarged lump or kidney stone (he got it due to his excessive consumption of soda) which should be removed the soonest time possible.

Saviour, He can move the mountains”.  These lines were my consolation.  I treat problems as blessings in disguise.  But you see, my knees are just too frail when it comes to my family.

But wait, I couldn’t feel any sort of panic.  Peace is there.  I was dumbfounded to see God directly manifesting His infinite mercy.  Despite my shortcomings, He shielded me from desperation and hopelessness.  It happened within the course of the new series “Force”, a perfect timing for me to understand the underlying reasons of why certain things happen abruptly.

And you know what’s intriguing about it?  I really couldn’t feel the bulk of the problem.  I could see the mountain, yes.  But it wasn’t my family who did the pushing.  It was God Himself.  We could smile despite the anxiety.  We could talk about things that concern us.  We spent more time communicating with each other despite the distance.  Why smile when we could be fretting?  Deep in our hearts, there is a feeling of security.  That everything will turn out well.  Isn’t it so amazing? The Mountain Mover who so clearly revealed Himself to us helped us through. 

At this moment, all is well and good with my father, free from the excruciating pain that the toxin had brought him.  And that knowledge alone brought us so much bliss. Truly, God’s bounteousness can never be outdone.  And as these mountains rise and fall, we are left to pick up the most valuable lessons in life.  As for me and my family, that is surrendering everything to the Mountain Mover, our beloved God.

No comments:

Post a Comment