A Writer's Piece

A Writer's Piece

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On New Year's Eve

I’m probably one of those individuals who didn’t prepare much for the New Year.   I just felt it utterly useless to ready myself for I know that my heart isn’t ready either.   I chose to live in that ideology.
It just dawned on me that perhaps I’m in the stage of self-denial.  How could I even start a list of resolutions if these flaws of mine remain blocked at the back of my lids?  These are hard to penetrate because everything seems okay from the outside.  Believe, that’s what I did.  Believe that I am good.  Believe that I didn’t commit major sins that continuously draw me to the pitfalls of my existence.
Reminiscing the year that came to pass, obscene scenes stayed vivid.  But that will be as it was.  Okay, I did my share of evil in this world, but that wouldn’t guarantee me a life of regrets.  They are but mere fragments of the wonderful life that I’ve had in the year that passed.  More to these obstacles are the battles won, the challenges surpassed, tests excellently accomplished, and lessons painstakingly learned.

This year has a lot to offer me.  Now I need my armour.  Will I again emerge victorious?  I will indeed, but I need to look back to what I’ve revealed a while ago.  Alright, at least I’m now attuned to myself.  So a resolution is needed, absolutely, which as my right, will be made known in my heart and in my soul only (chuckles).  Let me go back to my point.  I started the year without any plans of opening my closet, but am now ending gradually opening it.  I could feel the need to recollect, maybe even righting every wrong (if possible), to finally take that step long forgotten, to fully embrace a life once neglected, and to finally summon the courage that had been knocked and effaced by fear. 
A good start for a greater year sounds so delectable.  Is God in the picture? Of course!  I need not beg Him.  My soul and His made a pact that we’ll forever be chained regardless of whatever happens to me.  As a spoiled daughter, I sometimes rebel and often make mistakes.  That wouldn’t prevent Him from loving me.  In return, I would never ever let go.
I feel profound peace in my heart right now.  My heart speaks of the astounding joy that it is about to experience.  My writing is an indication that I am ready to face this year.  So I prophesy this year with powerful words that mine will be a blissful life, devoted to God and service to Him, touching more lives and creating more connections and meaningful relationships. 
Ask me how I am?  I’m happy and contented to say that I’m one of those beings who are looking forward to a fantastic and marvellous new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment