A Writer's Piece

A Writer's Piece

Saturday, January 28, 2012

God's Helpers

Angels Pictures, Images and Photos
Krngggggg...krnggggg...

It was a typical morning. Awakened by the alarm clock, I scurried to the bathroom. But that was no ordinary day for me and my family. Something awaited me as I stepped out of the house. That’s when the inevitable happened. Crossing on an ocean of fast-speeding vehicles, feeling anxious with my thesis, I felt the need to hurry. That’s when things flashed right in front of me. Like bolts of lightning, I couldn’t believe as to how fast things happened. Finding myself being summoned to an ambulance, I saw blood all over the place, an unconscious woman, a dead body, a traffic jam, a big crowd. I just survived a vehicular accident! Doctors could hardly believe that I missed death. That was supposed to be a sure hit. But there I was in the emergency room, with a few scratches, swollen leg, and feeling so lucky.

It hit me! That wasn’t my time yet. But how?


Rescued by an angel... I can still vividly remember that eventful day of my life five years ago. How my angel lifted me up from where I was lying, how he rescued me from that near-death experience, from the dungeon to the open, guiding me through a safe place. It was simply exhilarating, elating! A heavenly experience which my mind could dare not fathom. Truly, our Father will send us angels. Invisible but real beyond description.

“Does God have a sidekick like Hercules does?”, an imaginative 5-year old boy asked his wiser, 7-year old brother who quickly responded, “Yes! He has thousands of them - they’re His angels.”

Do I have mine too? Yes! Everybody has. Everything around us has.

As the scripture says, “They minister to God’s people (Heb. 1:13-14) by guarding and protecting them (Ps. 91:9-12). They are given special assignments by God (Matt. 1:20, Luke 1:26).

Let me end with this story.
A few years ago, in a village of the province of Leece, a little girl of about four years of age fell into a well, sixteen metres deep. She was found there, safe and sound, not wet, peacefully strecthed on the water. She spent several hours down the well without being hurt. The event was inexplicable. The child narrated that, while she was falling down, a most beautiful youth took her in his arms and brought her to the bottom. He laid her on the water and remained with her, playing, until people came to the rescue.

From the book “God’s Angels” by Fr. Adolf Faroni, sdb

Isn’t that great? How about you? Do you have a story to tell?

“Our good angels are called “guardian angels” because their duty is to assist us, sending us their good inspirations, to defend us in danger, to reprimand us for our defects, to spur us on the way of virtue.”

St. Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment